This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Blessings for Cruz de Fierro

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.

newfydog

Veteran Member
Sep 10, 2009
Bend, Oregon, USA
Time of past OR future Camino
Pamplona-Santiago, Le Puy- Santiago, Prague- LePuy, Menton- Toulouse, Menton- Rome, Canterbury- Lausanne, Chemin Stevenson, Voie de Vezelay
how about "thanks letting me dump off that blessed rock I've been carrying". Substitute adjectives as seems appropriate.

Tincatinker

Veteran Member
Jan 9, 2012
West Sussex, England
Tradition suggests that when you lay down your token you also lay down, or offer up, the burden that token symbolised to you.

I had wanted to offer an apology to two good friends, long passed, who I felt I had failed. At the Cruz I realised that what I really wanted to do was thank them. It wasn't an apology I owed them, just my gratitude.

There are, I believe, some formulaic prayers that have been ritualised for recital at the Cruz. I feel that, as the Camino is a personal journey, the Cruz is a place for personal expression.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

cajunun

May 8, 2012
While on the Camino, staying at Rabinal, we were asked to only leave stones at Cruz de Fierro. People leave a lot of 'rubbish' (although it may mean something to them) and there has to be the occasional clean-ups where old bikes, socks, boots... are taken away. Please, don't leave ANY rubbish on the Way - in fact, commit to pick up one piece of rubbish every day and bin it. (Trouble is, you may need to walk some distance to find that bin.)

Llanero

May 20, 2013
Camino Francés (2013)
I think the one in the movie The Way went something like this:

"Dear Lord, may this stone, a symbol of my efforts on the pilgrimage, that I lay at the feet of the cross of the Savior, weigh the balance in favor of my good deeds when the deeds of all my life are judged. Let it be so, Amen."

Llanero

May 20, 2013
Camino Francés (2013)
Another one that is close is:

"As a symbol of my efforts on this pilgrimage, I leave this stone that I have carried from … to leave here at the foot of the cross of our Savior. When my journey through this life sees me approaching the judgment that will determine which path I follow next, let my toils along the Camino de Santiago, as represented by this token, speak in my favor when all my deeds are appraised."

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!

grayland

Veteran Member
Dec 29, 2008
Tucson, Arizona
Yes
I saw some local people drive up and look through everything that was "left" there. They picked up several things and took them away. It looked very much like a common thing for them. I recall seeing another post from someone a while back that described a similar incident.

I have seen rings, jewelery, and other things that may have enough value for a slug to want to take and maybe resell somewhere.

It would be good to just leave a rock or if it is important to leave something else to try to bury it out of sight.

Most read last week in this forum