• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Buying supplies in SJPP

Hal

Time of past OR future Camino
si
Hi all,

I am planning to walk from Le Puy to SJPP, then to Burgos.

I will probably just bring a sleeping sack instead of a sleeping bag because sheets and blankets seem to be provided in French gites (plus I'll pop on a sweater if I'm cold), but will switch to a lightweight sleeping bag for the Camino Frances

Also, I might want to pick up a pair of walking sandals (like Tevas or Keens) or trail shoes to replace my boots, as it will likely be warmer in Spain and I have sweaty feet. I might not depending on how I feel.

I am sure there are outdoor supply stores in SJPP to pick up these items. Any recommendations?

Cheers.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Ooh, another gear question does a rain jacket/rain pants/bag cover combination not have the sauna effect of a poncho? My only concern is that the straps of the bag will get wet...

Last edited:
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Beware of Keen Newport sandals. The soles are very slippery on wet rock. Don't know if the other Keen sandals have the same soles. I switched to ECCO Sport Terra VG sandals which are very similar to the Newports but the sole has excellent grip on wet rocks and better arch support. Just spent a week backpacking on the Appalachian Trail with them with lots of rain.

Chuck

Reactions: Hal
Hola

The albergue in Roncesvalles sold two different types of sleeping bags in 2012.
One 'heavy' and one 'light'.
A fellow pilgrim bought one and it looked alright.

Buen Camino
Lettinggo

Reactions: Hal

Most read last week in this forum