• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Buying supplies in SJPP

Hal

Time of past OR future Camino
si
Hi all,

I am planning to walk from Le Puy to SJPP, then to Burgos.

I will probably just bring a sleeping sack instead of a sleeping bag because sheets and blankets seem to be provided in French gites (plus I'll pop on a sweater if I'm cold), but will switch to a lightweight sleeping bag for the Camino Frances

Also, I might want to pick up a pair of walking sandals (like Tevas or Keens) or trail shoes to replace my boots, as it will likely be warmer in Spain and I have sweaty feet. I might not depending on how I feel.

I am sure there are outdoor supply stores in SJPP to pick up these items. Any recommendations?

Cheers.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Ooh, another gear question does a rain jacket/rain pants/bag cover combination not have the sauna effect of a poncho? My only concern is that the straps of the bag will get wet...

Last edited:
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Hi all,

I am planning to walk from Le Puy to SJPP, then to Burgos.

I will probably just bring a sleeping sack instead of a sleeping bag because sheets and blankets seem to be provided in French gites (plus I'll pop on a sweater if I'm cold), but will switch to a lightweight sleeping bag for the Camino Frances

Also, I might want to pick up a pair of walking sandals (like Tevas or Keens) or trail shoes to replace my boots, as it will likely be warmer in Spain and I have sweaty feet. I might not depending on how I feel.

I am sure there are outdoor supply stores in SJPP to pick up these items. Any recommendations?

Cheers.
Beware of Keen Newport sandals. The soles are very slippery on wet rock. Don't know if the other Keen sandals have the same soles. I switched to ECCO Sport Terra VG sandals which are very similar to the Newports but the sole has excellent grip on wet rocks and better arch support. Just spent a week backpacking on the Appalachian Trail with them with lots of rain.

Chuck

Hola

The albergue in Roncesvalles sold two different types of sleeping bags in 2012.
One 'heavy' and one 'light'.
A fellow pilgrim bought one and it looked alright.

Buen Camino
Lettinggo

Most read last week in this forum

Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Just an FYI that all available beds are taken in SJPDP tonight - fully, truly COMPLETO! There’s an indication of how busy this year may be since it’s just a Wednesday in late April, not usually...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...
Hi all, Very new to this so please excuse any ignorance or silly questions :) I'm walking my very first Camino in 2 weeks (iieeeek) - the countdown is on and excitement through the roof. I've...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back