• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Buying train tickets on Rail Europe

peregrina2000

Staff member
I have heard that Rail Europe has recently started tapping directly into RENFE's website, which means they can offer the web specials and all other special fares. They apparently just charge you a 4E fee. I haven't tried it myself yet, but I did get on the website, and when I compared fares showing on their website with fares for the same days on RENFE's website, it seems to be true. This is a huge improvement, because for years the Raileurope prices were quite high and they didn't offer the best fares.

I have had the luck of being successful buying very cheap advance purchase tickets on RENFE's website (e.g., AVE to Sevilla for 20-something euros), but I know it has been very frustrating for others. So, for 4 euros, you can eliminate the hassle! The website will even send you an automatic email when the fares open up for the days you want (because RENFE doesn't sell too far out in advance). So it seems like a pretty good deal for me.

Has anyone actually used them since they changed their system?
http://www.raileurope-world.com

Buen camino, Laurie

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

Most read last week in this forum