• Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Camino Frances apps

MCFearnley

Time of past OR future Camino
Ponferrada to Santiago (September 2016)
Hi all,

Any good, preferably free, Camino Frances apps that run on Android to recommend?

I am looking for an app that would have maps (elevation would be nice too) and recent information on albergues that neither uses data nor requires wi-fi. Essentially a static, electronic guidebook that can be accessed anytime, anywhere. It doesn't even need GPS. Something that will not suck battery life as I will be using my phone as my camera also.

Thanks,

Claire

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Last edited:
Thanks! That app looks really nice. I'll give it a whirl.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I used the WisePilgrim app, and found it more useful than the Brierley guidebook.

I used both the apps mentioned above, plus Camino de Santiago Guide. All three provided a different array of information. Wise Pilgrim works best with an internet connection, but I especially liked its elevation profile. Camino de Santiago Guide does not require one, but the information is more limited. Still, it had descriptions of albergues that other apps did not include.

Thanks, I will look into those other apps too.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

Most read last week in this forum