• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Camino Norte - Hiking on pavement

danpilgrim45

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances(2000,2012); Plata(2005);arles(2010);LePuy(2008,2013)
Greetings,
Last fall we hiked the Camino Norte as far as Bilbao. We wish to continue along the coast this fall for about two weeks, although do not necessarily need to start at Bilbao. Any suggestions for a section somewhere between there and Ribadeo that minimizes walking on asphalt.
Thanks amigos.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I have just returned from walking the Norte to Ribadeo, and then around the coast to Ferrol and the Camino Ingles. I posted every day to my blog giving info on walking surfaces amongst many other things. I don't have time right now to read it through in order to make suggestions, but you are very welcome to take a look...
https://magwood.me/el-norte-ingles/

The stage after Bilbao is the worst. I would start somewhere around the beautiful Pobena beach.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

Most read last week in this forum