• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Camino on horseback

davejsy

Walked the Camino Francés for SSD UK 2023
Time of past OR future Camino
CF 2023 sept/Oct
Primitivo July 2024
As a follow-up to a recent thread, one of the riding schools I follow on Instagram from NW Spain have just put out some potential routes for this year, some which are for the Camino if of interest to anyone (although I'm what you could term "horsey" it's not something that appeals to me)

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
When I walked the Sanabres a few years ago there was some work going on to make the path more accessible for those on a horse. The Xunta trying to encourage use of that route in particular.

When I walked the Sanabres a few years ago there was some work going on to make the path more accessible for those on a horse. The Xunta trying to encourage use of that route in particular.
I'm not surprised. It terms of the local economy horses generate a lot of third party income; feed, stables, grooms, farriers ect.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Reactions: DWN
Given the frequently large numbers and occasionally boisterous behaviour of groups on the last 100km of the Frances it probably isn't a wise choice of route for those riding horses. An accident looking for somewhere to happen. Encouraging riders to look at alternative routes seems wise.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Most read last week in this forum