• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Niggling hates (dislikes) on Camino

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those who want to avoid those Sarria crowds, stay in other towns. Barbadelo, Morgade, Ventas di Naron, Airexe, Portos, etc. etc. You start in the morning and by lunch, some of the crowds may have caught up but they are really thinned out.
Or you can walk the Invierno from Ponferrada🙏🏻

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Concentration or motivation? Tour de France riders concentrate without the aid of loud music, as do all lesser cyclists on the Camino, myself included. Noise pollution is not welcome!

And as I said, cycling hurts and requires concentration and music helps. I do regret the upset sometimes caused, but other walkers ... Not all younger ones ... actually like the songs as they trudge along, wrestling with their thoughts. Sorry again, but I'm not going to stop.

Gosh , glutton for punishment. Why keep cycling when it hurts?

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Depends on the nature of the repentance. Music is used traditionally to drive out evil spirits. It's the food of love as well, but not apparently in this case.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
There was a cyclist racing along so fast it hurt, and selfishly playing super-loud Led Zeppelin that could be heard half a mile away .... as he approached a sharp bend on the trail three pilgrims started pointing at him, shouting "Pig!" "Pig!" - without slowing he gave them the finger and careered past. Halfway round the bend he ran straight into the pig and fell off the Camino into a ravine .. falling like a, well, like a lead Zeppelin really ....

If I'm in bed while their work is going on and then I get up at 9 am and scuttle off, in what way does this impede their work or deny them repose? And if they leave the door open so I can wander around the town free of gear until 11 or so, then nip in, pick up the pack and head off, as I do in privados, how is this a problem?
Yes absolutely, the hospi's morning routine can wait while you relax in bed. How selfish of them to expect you to get up just so they can clean the place up after you.
I use loud music instead. This is because it helps with the rhythm of cycling and distracts one from the pain of the bumps and hills. It also keeps my mind from wandering into unpleasant places.
And that too.. of course you should be allowed to blast the countryside with the music of your choice, it's YOUR camino after all. If pilgrim's don't like it, let them walk elsewhere, huh?

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I'm sorry to disappoint you, but I'm not joking. Most of the time the countryside is empty. When there are walkers the music is audible to them for a very short time only. 2 minutes of interruption before the silence and birdsong resume, even more highly appreciated. And as I said, cycling hurts and requires concentration and music helps. I do regret the upset sometimes caused, but other walkers ... Not all younger ones ... actually like the songs as they trudge along, wrestling with their thoughts. Sorry again, but I'm not going to stop.
You must be a very important person who matters more than anyone else. I hope it won't hurt if the music distracts you and you fall off your bike.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Why on earth are you so incredibly mean to each other? Are you adults, or just pretending? No wonder there is war in the world if there is a crisis with 2min music or that others think something different than you, let me remind you, YOU, YOU or YOU, - do NOT own the Camino or have any right to think that it should be like this or like that.. A little tolerance please?

Why on earth are you so incredibly mean to each other? Are you adults, or just pretending? No wonder there is war in the world if there is a crisis with 2min music or that others think something different than you, let me remind you, YOU, YOU or YOU, - do NOT own the Camino or have any right to think that it should be like this or like that.. A little tolerance please?
Just pretending

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Well, I would hope so, that I didn't understand irony and sarcasm, but, some posts are just not believable, that there is actually a meaning behind it.
Ah. Gerard is just trolling and we’re just rolling with the flow.

And you are absolutely on the nail @KariannNor no one owns Camino. It, it’s infrastructures, it’s traditions, every hospitalero/a, local shop keepers and bar owners, farmers and small-holders, indeed every pilgrim on their holy road: they can be abused by anyone without fear or favour.

Well, folks, some of us have been accused in the past of not understanding or accepting certain types of humour. In those cases, the humourist tends to blame the recipient for being lacking.

After over 200 posts, we seem to have strayed from the objective of the OP, which was
it does serve a purpose, it promotes human connection, community, the give and take, humour - which most humans delight in - ... it is still late winter and I posted to help keep the forum alive, and I think the responses have been quite funny at times ..

So I will close the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most read last week in this forum

When you stop at a bar for a beer, wine, coffee or bite to eat, and sit at a table, is it expected that you will return your dirty dishes up to the bar before you leave? I alway do, as it seems...
Let me preface this by saying please understand I am not picking on anybody, I fully understand that mistakes happen and how. Been there, done that. I have been astonished to see so many lost...
A promotion started here right now. A step-counting sweater from Wolkswagen records how far you walk, and if you walk 613 km (which is the range of the latest model) before 16th June, you can win...
Past,present and future Thanks for sharing your adventures! This forum will be a touchstone someday in the future ..where you had gone and how far, from where and when A Canterbery tales sort of...
Hi! I just want to know if anyone had any success (or trouble conversely on that matter) using your Visa Debit Card with 6-digit PIN when withdrawing Euros in ATMs in France and Spain? Just want...
Seems to be a lot of people posting about stuff they lost on the Camino recently. I managed to leave a nice new-ish polo shirt somewhere drying and didn't notice for over a week. I hope someone...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.