• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Camino Portuguese Albergues

Ross Sheeran

Time of past OR future Camino
November 2015
Hi all. I recently finished the Camino starting In SJPDP and finishing in Santiago and am now considering walking from Lisbon to Santiago. Is it as easy to find accommodation in albergues on this route as it was on the Camino de Santiago?

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Hi all. I recently finished the Camino starting In SJPDP and finishing in Santiago and am now considering walking from Lisbon to Santiago. Is it as easy to find accommodation in albergues on this route as it was on the Camino de Santiago?

Hi, Ross,
The number of albergues from Lisbon to Porto, which used to be very small, is growing at a pretty good clip. In my experience, the most up to date listing is the ViaLusitana's,

http://www.vialusitana.org/en/albergues_eng/

If you have questions about any part of this route from Lisbon, there is a pretty good sized group on the forum that has walked from Lisbon recently, so ask away! Bom caminho, Laurie

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I posted to my blog every day on my 2014 Camino from Lisbon, with mention of the accommodation I used. You are welcome to take a look - see link below.

Most read last week in this forum