• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Camino weather in May?

pwabbit

Time of past OR future Camino
Cam Frances Sarria-SdC (2006); Cam Portugues Tui-SdC (2007); Cam del Norte, portions and Baamonde-SdC (2010); Cam Frances Sarria-SdC (2014)
Hi All, I will be walking from Sarria to Santiago de Compostela in May. I've walked the route previously but in September/October. Can someone tell me what kind of weather to expect in May, more or less?

This will be my fourth partial Camino walk, and my second along the Sarria-SdC section

Thanks!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
May in Galicia? Rain.

April is usually the wet month, but often May, as well.
Having said that, it can also get VERY hot in the afternoons.
So you'd better take absolutely everything

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
I leave April 30th,I have only planned to take a pair of running tights and a fleece for warmth, I intend to walk in shorts most of the time. I did my first trial walk on the weekend, it was cold at first but heated up in 15mins so took my tights off during my 4 hour walk with the dog around Virginia water, I better start praying for sunny warm days as I don't want to carry too much, my 45ltr pack is weighing 8.7k without food and water...

Thank everyone. I guess the poncho goes in the top pack pocket

Most read last week in this forum