• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

CaminoWays

Cleigh

Time of past OR future Camino
CF 2019
CF 2021, Portuguese 2021, Le Puy 2022
Has anyone used Camino Ways for the route from Le Puy to SJPdP? Just wondering about your experience.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I used them on the Camino Portuguese for my first Camino. They did everything they said they would and I was very grateful for all that help as I was solo and a total newbie too overwhelmed to try and manage everything myself. You do pay for that help and it is certainly much cheaper to manage without them. On my second Camino I was confident enough to go independently. But I certainly do not regret using them as it was exactly what I needed and I was happy with the service I received. I opted for easy stages but I did have 2 stages that felt very long at the time; one was 23km and the last was 25.6Km. I made it though and it taught me I could walk further than I expected! I chose the most basic accommodation which did vary but always included my own bathroom. Twice it involved a drive away from and back to the Camino path which I didn't like much because I felt 'out of it' but it was all organised for me, I just had to make phone-calls when I was ready to be picked up. I did like not having to worry about anything other than just walking.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I used them on the Camino Portuguese for my first Camino. They did everything they said they would and I was very grateful for all that help as I was solo and a total newbie too overwhelmed to try and manage everything myself. You do pay for that help and it is certainly much cheaper to manage without them. On my second Camino I was confident enough to go independently. But I certainly do not regret using them as it was exactly what I needed and I was happy with the service I received. I opted for easy stages but I did have 2 stages that felt very long at the time; one was 23km and the last was 25.6Km. I made it though and it taught me I could walk further than I expected! I chose the most basic accommodation which did vary but always included my own bathroom. Twice it involved a drive away from and back to the Camino path which I didn't like much because I felt 'out of it' but it was all organised for me, I just had to make phone-calls when I was ready to be picked up. I did like not having to worry about anything other than
I used them on the Camino Portuguese for my first Camino. They did everything they said they would and I was very grateful for all that help as I was solo and a total newbie too overwhelmed to try and manage everything myself. You do pay for that help and it is certainly much cheaper to manage without them. On my second Camino I was confident enough to go independently. But I certainly do not regret using them as it was exactly what I needed and I was happy with the service I received. I opted for easy stages but I did have 2 stages that felt very long at the time; one was 23km and the last was 25.6Km. I made it though and it taught me I could walk further than I expected! I chose the most basic accommodation which did vary but always included my own bathroom. Twice it involved a drive away from and back to the Camino path which I didn't like much because I felt 'out of it' but it was all organised for me, I just had to make phone-calls when I was ready to be picked up. I did like not having to worry about anything other than just walking.
Thank you so much! We are good on our own for the Frances but Le Puy is a bit more daunting for us.

TBH, I am thinking about sketching out a customized Primitivo next year with them ( if they'll work with me.) I have some ideas for interim stops that aren't on the prepackaged itinerary, but want their help for booking at the beginning, middle, and end.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

Most read last week in this forum

Hello - I am planning to walk about the first half of the Via Podiensis next month, May 2024. I will start from Le Puy and walk for 16 days. I am flying into Paris and would like to purchase a sim...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back