• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Camping with a group

frankied

Hi, I hope to cycle with a group of 18 teenagers from Santander to Santiago at the end of the month. We want to camp. There seems to be plenty of campsites up to Ribadeo however after that there would appear to be only one near Guitriz. Are there any others not marked on the map or can anyone suggest a suitable place to stay in Mondenedo for a group. I'm also worried about food/meals in the very rural areas. any help appreciated.
Frank

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Hi Frank,

There is another option which will help you in some places but not all, there is some albergues on the Norte in Galicia which are big enough to take groups like yours. There is Baamonde, Sabrado dos Monxes and possibly Vilalba. At Sabrado there is enough space to camp outside in the grounds, they do let people. To stay at these places, if they let you, will require having a pilgrim credencial, and with it having been stamped with sellos at the various places you have stopped.

When i was walking the Galician leg of the Norte i heard of two sports halls, Ribadeo and i think Vilanova(the one after Sabrado) being opened for the larger number of pilgrims that were around. This is usually basic accommodation, mats on the sports hall floor and showers and toilets available. Im not sure how you go about finding out if there is this possibility for you, i suggest using this link as a starting pointhttp://www.xunta.es/portada.

In the bigger towns, Ribadeo, Mondonedo, Vilalba,Vilanova de Lourenza, Sabrado,there is supermarkets and shops, these are places to stock up with food for the coming day. The only two areas which i remember not having shops or places to stop and eat was the journey between Mondonedo and Gontan, Miraz to Sabrado.

Mike

Most read last week in this forum