• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Can I buy a walking staff in Arles?

S

Simone Lucky

Can anyone tell me if there is a shop in Arles where I can buy a wooden walking staff?
Thankyou!

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
There are 2 outdoor markets every week in Arles, on Wednesday and Saturday. I'd be surprised if there wasn't some stall with walking sticks. Otherwise the Office de Tourisme d'Arles might know where you can find what you want (there is a Decathlon, for instance), or they might even have some for sale themselves.
If unsuccessful in Arles, find a nice stick in the forest and carve a unique and personal staff. Bon chemin!

Ask in the Alburgue to look in the hikerbox (items left behind) surprise what you will find. Also at many road crossing people discard them. Recycle. Bien camino

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

Thankyou Purky and Jerbear for,your advice, much appreciated.
Bon chemin to you both