• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Can I Leave My Car?

Time of past OR future Camino
[Camino Francés - June 2013]
[South Downs Way - June 2014]
[Annapurna Circuit - April 2015]
Don't know if many people do it, but I'd like to just drive from the Netherlands to St. Jean Pied De Port by car! I love roadtrips, and I think it's a great way to both start and end my journey. I just have one question: Where can I leave my car?

This might be a strange question, but can I just park and leave it for 2 months somewhere in SJPDP? Is there a big chance that it will be stolen, or is it simply not allowed to leave a car for that long? Is there another place nearby where cars can be left for a long time?

Thanks in advance!

- Ramon

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I recall that some of the gites along Le Puy did have parking for walkers; mostly this might have been for the French, who walk for 2 or 3 weeks at a time. I suggest consulting a copy of MMD, and email the gites and Tourism Office in Le Puy to see if they have recommendations.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

Most read last week in this forum