• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Car/driver from Leon to Sarria

frannie z

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances: 2022,2023
I've got foot and timing issues. I'll need a car/driver from Leon [March 21] to Sarria [many reasons why bus, train, etc. won't work] I've looked at private car service and will pay the cost but it's expensive. Local Leon Hotel has no recommendations. Does anyone out there know of private company and/or driver willing to make this trek?

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
As I recall you’re departing Madrid for Leon on the 19th. Why not just do Madrid to Sarria?
I’m seeing quotes around €320 for a private hire. Seems about right for a 200km+ trip

As I recall you’re departing Madrid for Leon on the 19th. Why not just do Madrid to Sarria?
I’m seeing quotes around €320 for a private hire. Seems about right for a 200km+ trip
Thank you so much for remembering me and thinking about these details. I have plans to meet someone in Leon -- albeit for a day and 1/2 but hear Leon is definitely worth seeing. My very best regards.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
My 2 sisters and I hired a car and driver from https://www.blablacar.es
from Logrono to Leon, The driver picked up one other passenger along the way, so the cost was greatly reduced.
The driver was a cop (showed us his badge!)
We communicated through language APPs
I recommend!

Could look at blhblahblah

We need to go from Palencia to Santiago in May !!! Due to starting the Camino Finisterre after having walked 2 weeks on the Frances. (yes we would LOVE to be able to stay in Spain many more weeks but every time we go, we only have 3 weeks and will walk parts my husband has never done, The Finisterre will be new for me too ) . Anyway, I decided renting a one way car. It will take me 4 to 5 hours to get to Santiago. Was $100 for the car rental. Maybe that's an option for you too. A one way rental car from Leon to Sarria ?

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
I think you may have to drop off a rental car in Lugo. I didn't see a major car rental location in Sarria.

I always caution drivers to make sure they obtain collision damage waver insurance, including for the undercarriage,windows and tires. Even if you have insurance from your CC be ready to pay any charged damages immediately! Take a video of the car before you leave the parking lot with the car and be sure they note any previous damages the car in writing.

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Most read last week in this forum