• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Cheap (ish) Iberia airfares from the US...

t2andreo

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
2013 - 2018 , Pilgrim Office volunteer 2014 - 2022
I just booked my 2019 Camino r/t airfare through Iberia. The r/t economy fare was about USD 672. The itinerary is MIA - MAD - OVD (Asturias / Oviedo) going over. Coming back it is SCQ - MAD - MIA. This is an example of an Open Jaw.

For this price you need to pay extra for a desired seat in economy. I obtained emergency row aisle seats for USD 79 each way. The promotional price also does not include a checked bag, only one carry-on. The checked bag (my mochila in a laundry sack) cost USD 55 if bought online in advance and USD 100 at the airport.

My 'all-in' fare is about USD 900. HOWEVER, that compares with a usual seasonal price of about USD 1,500. SO, the savings was significant.

Also, and just for comparison, I also purchased my r/t from MIA MAD SCQ for my volunteer stint in July - August. This is the high season. I could not find a cheaper fare. My total r/t is just under USD 1500.

The difference between fares in May and July are significant.

You might want to consider checking fare prices as soon as you have dates for your Camino or volunteer assignment.

Hope this helps.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

Most read last week in this forum