• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Cies Island

Margaret Butterworth

Time of past OR future Camino
2013 (Pamplona to Burgos)
2014 (Burgos to Villafranca del Bierzo)
2015 (Villafranca to Santiago)
2016 (Le Puy to Conques; SJPP To Pamplona)
When you have a few extra days after reaching Santiago, take a bus or train to Vigo and visit the Cies Islands. Google them! I've just had a fabulous day there wandering along walking trails. Beautiful beaches but water too cold to even think about swimming!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Wow, thanks Margaret, looks like worth a visit. Jill

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
When you have a few extra days after reaching Santiago, take a bus or train to Vigo and visit the Cies Islands. Google them! I've just had a fabulous day there wandering along walking trails. Beautiful beaches but water too cold to even think about swimming!
My husband and I did exactly that! Was a lovely boat trip out and about 4 hours on the island - a chose a short hike to a secluded beach looking W to the Atlantic. We caught the last boat on the last day it was open (October '14). A nice lady we met had told us about the Cies Islands our last night in Fisterra - we bused back to Santiago the following morning and hopped on the train to Vigo that very day. We still had 2 nights before flying back to the USA from Madrid so we just went for it, & glad we did.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back