• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Coastal Route (vs. Central) - How much soft trail vs. hard surfaces?

John H.

Time of past OR future Camino
CF - 2017
CP Central - 2017
CP Coastal - 2018
CF - [hopefully again someday]
Hello: I walked CP central route last year and enjoyed it. I recall that the central route had a lot of road walking - more than the CF. Does the coastal route involve as much concrete and pavement walking or does it have any more soft trails? I am considering doing the Coastal route in September.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I am on the Coastal now in Redondela, it is a great trek. You will experience quite a bit of cobblestones in Portugal,quite challenging. So far it has been a combination of boardwalks, forest trails soft or with smooth boulders. Needless to say something for everyone. So far not a lot of high speed motorway but I do expect that in a day or two. Enjoy all that the Camino gives you.
Buon Camino

Most read last week in this forum