• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Credencial in Astorga?

dustylee

I will be starting in Astorga on Sept. 7th & want to know where I can get a compostela? I won't be arriving until late the night before, so I will need to get one when I first begin walking. Any info would be helpful.
Dusty from Austin

Subject corrected by moderator

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Re: Compostela in Astorga?

Dusty,

No need to wait until your arrival in Astorga. In the United States you can have a Credential mailed to you in advance from the American Pilgrims on the Camino Fraternity. Go to http://www.americanpilgrims.com. There is no charge although you can join the fraternity or any donation is welcomed.

By the way, I assume you mean Credential rather than Compostela. The Compostela is only issued in Santiago de Compostela upon presentation of your Credential bearing appropriate stamps from the Camino.

Buen Camino

Re: Compostela in Astorga?

And, if necessary, in any Albergue in Astorga.

Buen Camino, enjoy it.

Javier Martin
Madrid, Spain.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles

Most read last week in this forum