• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Credentials in Tui?

Mr BWE

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Francés(2012)Inglés (2013),Portugese soon
My wife and I will be setting off on the Portuguese Route in May and, given our time constraints we'll have to start in Tui. Is it possible to purchase a Pilgrim Passport there, or ought we to get them elsewhere prior to departure?

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
My wife and I will be setting off on the Portuguese Route in May and, given our time constraints we'll have to start in Tui. Is it possible to purchase a Pilgrim Passport there, or ought we to get them elsewhere prior to departure?
If you send a message on this forum to Diogo (Diogo92) You 'll find him many many times here he can send you a credential from Lisbon for small costs. He did it for us too. Great service from a real co pilgrim !

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I just noticed that the Peterborough Pilgrims in the UK offer free credentials.
We all appreciate gifts, but isn't saving a Euro (or Pound) or two seeking a free credential on an outing that may be costing thousands akin to cutting off the handle of your toothbrush to save weight? Virtually all of the organizations that support the Camino have need of funds, so why not save money by not buying a $10 airline sandwich? The airlines are a hateful bunch not deserving of an extra dime!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Having looked at the Peterborough Pilgrim site, they certainly do offer free credentials but... invite donations in lieu

Credenciales are available in the Cathedral of Tui - it is open from 10 am - 2pm.

I'm doing the Tui - Santiago route in May '14 and as it happens, but can't for the life of me remember why, I have an old unused credential with the year 19__ printed on it. Do you think the authorities in Santiago will accept this?
Thanks

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Most read last week in this forum