• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

December starting Frances statistics

ferdechile

Time of past OR future Camino
Junte 3
Hello!
This is Fernanda. I'm planning to start the camino Frances from SJPDP on decemeber.
My doubt in order to decide whether to go is that I'll go by myself but I want to see people (at least a few).

Do you guys know, on average, how many pilgrims start every day their way on december from SJPDP?

Muchisimas gracias!

Buen camino!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
A PS to the above. Worth bearing in mind that not everyone starts from SJPDP. Especially in winter. Some will skip that first stage and begin from Roncesvalles instead.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I started my second Camino in December 2019, didn't even bother with the climb up to Roncesvalles and just took a taxi. There was only one albergue open and there was 10 people there, 4 of them being my family. So don't expect to see many people but also expect to make good friends with the few people you do meet.

I'm sorry, but we can't know this beforehand, we only have the figures after the event. Last week it was about twenty a day.
Buen Camino

Hi Fernanda, You'll have 12- 20 amazing pilgrims joining you from Pamplona in Nov/Dec ; )
(I've walked the Frances 3 of the 4 past Winters).

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
A quick tip:
If you want to avoid the cost of a helicopter rescue, or want to avoid serious bodily harm or death, please adhere to the signs when they insist that the normal route over the Pyrenees from SJPP is closed due to bad weather. Better, instead, to follow the road or take a shared taxi to Roncesvalles.

The Napoleon route is absolutely closed from November 1st to April 1st.

Hi Fernanda, You'll have 12- 20 amazing pilgrims joining you from Pamplona in Nov/Dec ; )
(I've walked the Frances 3 of the 4 past Winters).
Thank you!! Do you reccomend me to start there instead of Roncesvalles?

Reactions: mcm
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

Most read last week in this forum