• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Do most places have a kitchen or at least a freezer?

PixieAuror

Time of past OR future Camino
22 April 2018 if all goes well
I would like to freeze my water over night, that way it's nice and cold for the walk. Do most places have a freezer?

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I think you'll find that there are more albergues that don't have freezers than those that do especially the municipals.
You will find many fountains along the way and the water from these is generally nice and cool.
Now I'm sure that the private albergues will be a different story, but I didn't stay in any of those.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
It's a clever idea, but as others have mentioned, not really necessary. You can refresh your water with lovely cold water from the fountains in most villages. I don't recall very many fridges or freezers - but I wasn't really looking.
I recall a post some time ago regarding this topic - except the person needed to keep some medications cold....but I can't recall the solution.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

Most read last week in this forum