• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

do not go to La Hiniesta if going fropm Zamora to Montamarta

Deise

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances SJPP to Santiago Sept 2013
Via de la Plata April 2015
almost everyone i met after montamarta had backtracked a number of kilometers. one person had followed yellow arrows all the way to Valdeperdices, then had to walk about 20k by road to Montamarta

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
almost everyone i met after montamarta had backtracked a number of kilometers. one person had followed yellow arrows all the way to Valdeperdices, then had to walk about 20k by road to Montamarta
I think it is not so much that they followed the yellow arrows as that they followed the new signs. The new signs go to Hiniesta but there is no indication that this is now the way to Portugal. The old yellow arrows are the ones to follow if you want to stay on the VdlP, unfortunately the obvious thing is to follow the new signs and people are coming unstuck. It isn't helped that the route out of Zamora takes the Carretera de la Hiniesta ZA-900, the secret is to walk straight on up the road and not to turn off to the left following the new, big, metal signs.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
What do these new signs look like exactly ? what color are they ?

What do these new signs look like exactly ? what color are they ?
They're metal, oblong, with a pin-man pilgrim, a shell and an arrow. I don't have a photo anywhere now, other than on my blog, but they are like the signs you see when the camino goes along a road. They're regular camino signs but they now turn up in odd places, whenever the camino has been moved to accommodate the new high speed train. Unfortunately, in Zamora, it is not clear that these signs indicate the diverted Portuguese route. Further from Zamora they simply indicate the diverted Sanabres route.

Most read last week in this forum