• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Fidenza to Fornovo d'taro

Bob from L.A. !

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
CF 2012, 2014, 2016. CN 2018, 23 Via francigena 23
Started out in Fidenza with a quick breakfast and Cappuccino and out into the huge sunflower 🌻 fields once again.
On the way I stopped in Felegara and attended a Catholic mass.
Throughout the hot day I passed numerous large beautiful villas sitting on the hillsides.
After mid day I finally arrived in Fornovo, checked in to my Agriturisimo and did my laundry then enjoyed an Apertivo provided to me by the farmhouse owners.
I will stay here tonight and follow that with a scheduled rest day.

Attachments

• 20230629_083050.jpg
    20230629_083050.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 853
  • 20230629_081805.jpg
    20230629_081805.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 12
  • 20230629_122331.jpg
    20230629_122331.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 16
  • 20230629_101459.jpg
    20230629_101459.jpg
    934.6 KB · Views: 17
  • 20230629_122337.jpg
    20230629_122337.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 24
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Started out in Fidenza with a quick breakfast and Cappuccino and out into the huge sunflower 🌻 fields once again....
Bob, hugely envious of your daily sunflower spectacle...thanks for the photos! 📸 🌻

Here's my version of the Canterbury- Roma sign pic.
Bridge sign.jpg
Note the same green sticker under the 2nd 'R' of Canterbury...4 years apart! In the earlier stages of the Italian leg, I actually walked off & on & shared a few meals with the 'stickee' of that sticker! 🤗
👣🌏

Tough section this next one. Always remember looking up to the Autostrada and wondering when I got there would that be it. Then reaching it. Then being well above it totally wiped out by the climb and the heat. At Berceto stopped for a gelato which was very welcome by then.

Hope it's not too hot for you.

Last edited:
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
@Cornedbeef - Knowing tomorrow was a "challenge " I opted for a scheduled day off today in Fornovo just to get overhydrated, overeat and get some quality rest.
I believe everything after tomorrow should be fairly tame until I get to Rome.
Oh yeah! One last thing. It was 40C (104F) a couple of days ago and now it's thunder, lightening and raining outside.
Anyone have a direct line to the weather gods???

I like heat, but 104 is excessive. Options were kind of limited at the time, so I had to go forward.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

Most read last week in this forum

Has anyone got information on the hospice (not the auberge) a Great Saint Bernard Pass? I've read their website, and I'd appreciate insights as to how comfortable it is, quality of the food, etc...
Can't get into the official Via Francigena site. I've used it for years, but today all I get when I try to enter it is 'File not found". For example, if I enter...
Can anyone recommend a place to stay in Jougne, the end of the last stage in France? Thanks. Karl

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.