• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

First Camino, can the Portugal leg be done in 14 days?

Johnny Warner

Time of past OR future Camino
I and a friend are wanting to walk the Camino, unsure which route.
Hi all, myself and a friend intend to do the Camino, but only have 14 days due to work constraints. Done a litte searching the web and is it true that this route can be completed in 14 days? Also we are looking at the possibility of just camping enroute when we feel we need to, to make it more of an experience for ourselves, is this viable? All information is appreciated!

Johnny

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

Hello Johnny and welcome to the Forum.

If you are starting from Porto, yes you can do it in 14 days.

You just have to choose if you want to go either near the coast, or take the inland route.

Check vialusitana.org, to see some guides and have more information about places to stay.

About camping, you can check my post in here about that: http://www.caminodesantiago.me/comm...caminho-português-allowed-or-forbidden.20903/

Best Regards
Diogo

hi in 2012 it took me 13 days from lisbon to porto 10 days porto to santiago im not fast walker but steady.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
The albergues between Porto and S de C are great, but for days when they are not reacheable/open we found camping wild to be easy. There are plenty of level places - just respect crops/flocks and leave nothing to show you have been there. In drier months be especially careful about fire if you are cooking. Good luck.

Most read last week in this forum