• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Fisterra Statistics

waveprof

Enthusiast
Time of past OR future Camino
May-June 2013, Camino Frances
I'm currently working on a piece about the Camino and am trying to find statistics for apx how many pilgrims continue to Fisterra. Does anybody know where I can find those? I've scoured a lot of the camino statistics I've seen before on this forum (and even contributed to), but I haven't found the specific stat I'm looking for.

Thanks in advance.

Ondo Ibili

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I did not get my "paper" when I walked it from Santiago, but it was shocking how few it seemed did it. At the most in the 3 days I walked & stayed in alburgues I only had 5 others in the same alburgue. Once arriving in Finnesterre a lot of people who had bussed, if you do get dates it would be interesting to see how many "papers" were issued on 11 May 2014. I did not turn in my passport simply because I had no idea were to go. I do still have it.

The albergue there once issued the Fisterra document - a bit... well, gaudy, but its on the wall, a similar document is issued from the Muxia public library, hanging next to Fisterra.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles

Brierley's guide Camino Finisterre has statistics. If you don't want to use those you might try contacting him for source information.

www.caminoguides.com

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Most read last week in this forum