• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Flooding after Fuente de Cantos

peregrina2000

Staff member
From Fuente de Cantos to Calzadilla de los Barros, it's a quiet flat walk through ag fields. After Calzadilla, there is some water to cross. It is apparently now impassable, and the Spanish forum has a nice map showing you the way around the problem:

http://fsvr1.ibdinternet.com/read.php?6 ... msg-333944

I remember slogging through it in "dry" times and there was quite a bit of water, so I imagine this is good advice.

If you look at the map, you'll see that the Camino leaves Calzadilla and is off-road for a while. Then at the point where it joins the N-630 you will walk along the shoulder of the N-630 till the turn-off for Puebla de Sancho Perez. At that point you take the road into town, where you once again will pick up the Camino. But you don't have to get on the highway right at Calzadilla, stay on the camino for a while and it will go back to the highway right at the point you need to leave the Camino.

Buen camino, Laurie

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
¡Gracias!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Nope, hope to start from Sevilla on the 28th of April

I can inform you that it is now possible to cross the creek. You will still need to wade through about 2 feet of water but it is doable

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Most read last week in this forum