• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Fuente de cantos where to sleep

Joland

Peregrina always
Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Portuguese 2014
Hi all,
we are planning via de la plata fom Sevilla at Semana Santa time ( to be precise a week before) so just wondering how it will be with accomodation in towns with no albergue which is for pilgrims only. For instance Fuente de cantos: gronze does not mention the albergue there. any ideas?

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
If you are coming from Monesterio that day, you will have a 20 km walk to Fuente de Cantos. I remember seeing the albergue in Calzadilla de los Barros, which is only another 6 km. It’s a pilgrim-only albergue, so you don’t have to worry about Holy Week tourists.

Fuente de Cantos used to have a wonderful albergue turístico in the monastery on the edge of town, but a whole bunch of these closed (Extremadura seemed to have a log of them) and it’s really too bad.

Thanks Robo I emailed them but unfortunately that time ( Semana Santa) they require 4 night stay minimum.

That is not uncommon sometimes around Semana Santa.
But someone I met managed to book 'on the day'.
Private accomodation owners want to maximise their income over the holiday, but at the last minute they might take a single night booking.

Always good to have a Plan B though on the VdlP.

So maybe aim for Calzadilla de los Barros as @peregrina2000 suggests.
And if you still want to try Fuente de Cantos try calling them the day before or on the day.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
There were three of us two years ago and we shared a luxurious apartment in El Zaguan,30 euros each.

Thank you all. Probably we will head to Calzadilla but we are a group of grandmother (77), mother and a 4 year old child so additional 6 km might be a challenge. Another thing which makes me worried is that the albergue in Calzadilla has only 10 beds. Someone knows if they can put us on the floor if „completo”?

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hi all,
we are planning via de la plata fom Sevilla at Semana Santa time ( to be precise a week before) so just wondering how it will be with accomodation in towns with no albergue which is for pilgrims only. For instance Fuente de cantos: gronze does not mention the albergue there. any ideas?
I also stayed at Hotel La Fabrica. Perfectly OK. They’re used to pilgrims.

Hi Jolanta, Unfortunately putting a mattress on the floor is no longer a thing. Fire regulations and a general tightening of rules have put a stop to it from what I have seen. Maybe booking somewhere a bit off the Camino and taking a taxi to and from could be the way to go.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Hi all,
Hi all,
Hi,we were there last year at about the same time as you - Saturday night the week before Semana Santa. We stayed in the Hotel Rural La Fabrica which is in a beautifully restored old factory. You can book via their website or contact them directly for a pilgrim discount. We had originally planned to book in advance but didn’t as we were unsure of our dates. We called the day before and were able to get a double room. I think it was about 45 euros but may have been slightly more.
A young friend walked on to the albergue in Calzadillo de Los Barros and said it was good.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

Most read last week in this forum

After a smooth and uneventful flight from Chicago to Madrid on Iberia, the last three days we have been doing some sightseeing in Salamanca and Zamora, and our days have been sunny, a little cool...
After 13 days of walking I've finished my 337km walk on the Camino Sanabres, and my entire 1400km walk from AlmerĂ­a. Yay! If anyone's interested in a day-by-day report, you can find it on my...
One route looks a bit steeper, one a bit longer (not much). How else are they different? Recommendations?
I left them on the trail about 4-5 k before Cea I expect to be in Santiago on April 27-28. Mu email is written on the sides of the poles (for just this eventuality). If you find them and we can...
Hello, Has anyone travelled by train or bus from Santiago to Zamora on to Granja de Moreruela, I've checked online and it seems there is a train from Santiago to Zamora. I will be flying from the...
I think I’m on day 12, so not quite two weeks in. Thus far the VDLP is definitely a different animal than the CF. And I have to say, I’m struggling to enjoy it as much as the CF last year. I...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back