• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Flooding in France?

kenkeiter

Time of past OR future Camino
Planning July/August 2013
Just curious if anyone has had any issues getting to/leaving from St. Jean dPdP in the last couple of days, given the flooding/warnings in France. I'm aborting my traversal of the Pyrenees because of it, and am thinking of starting the Camino early -- but I wanted to make sure it won't be a problem before I start buying train tickets to St. Jean dPdP and whatnot.

Thanks in advance!!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
There is a lot of water, but not too many rivers are flooding. The route into Leguevin after Toulouse has washed out, so some smaller rivers are a problem. In general the muddy paths are the main problem. Trekking poles are necessary for safe footing, particularly on downhill slippery mud.

Transportation is not having any problems with the water.

Most read last week in this forum