• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Forest fires

stanlificus

I am planning on doing this route over the month of September, but have read in the news that much of the area is under very high forest fire warning. Does anyone have any up-to-date information on the safety of undertaking a pilgrimage given current conditions?

Also, can any recent pilgrims comment on the air quality right now? Is the smoke horrible?

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Hi. I'm planning to walk the Via in Sept. also.
If the weather stays as it is, I think we are more likely to be inconvenienced by heat and thunder storms than smoke. I've been keeping an eye on the Press - there's a list of online newspapers here:
http://www.onlinenewspapers.com/spain.htm
There was a Weather Warning for Seville a few days ago- I think that was for heavy rain and excessive temperatures (I don't read Spanish that well). But that appears to have slipped from the 'front pages' now.
I'm just hoping it will cool down a bit in the next couple of weeks.
Buen Camino
Rich

Hi!

I'll be on the Via in two days. The weather forecast for Sevilla calls for very hot temperature, in the high 30's and low 40's.

Will have to take it easy...reminiscing over my time in Ivory Coast where it was very hot. :roll:

Cheers,
Jean-Marc

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!

Most read last week in this forum