• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

From Santiago de Compostela to Sarria transportation

Damla

Time of past OR future Camino
Sarria to Santiago on May 2018
Hi to all,
I am gonna walk from Sarria to Santiago on May but first i will arrive to Santiago de Compostela around 16:05 hrs.Well how can i go to Sarria by train or bus , which way is the easiest ?
Or should i layover in Santiago at the arriving date, than next day continue to Sarria ?
Could you please give me an advice ?
Thank you.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
The taxi fare back in to Santiago from the airport is €23 so I would suggest that heading straight to Sarria is probably the best option from a cost perspective. If it is a weekday you arrive, there is a bus which leaves Santiago airport at 18:40 with the company Empresa Freire (www.empresafreire.com ) and costs about €10. This bus to Lugo bus station and arrives there at 20:30. You then get a Monbus ( www.monbus.es/en ) at 20:45 and this arrives at Sarria at 21:15. This second bus costs about €4.

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.

Most read last week in this forum