• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Gas Canisters/Cylinders/Cartridges

VytasZ

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino del Norte (2015)
Does anybody know where to by gas canisters/cylinders/cartridges somewhere close to the airport in Biarritz or along the camino in Irun (Camino del Norte)?

I'm interested in canisters compliant with EN521, EN417 like MSR IsoPro or Jetboil Jetpower, Primus.

I saw there is this gas to buy in Decathlon in Irun, but the shop is quite off track.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hi, Vytas,

Welcom to the forum!

I don´t have one of these Jetboils, but two years ago I walked the Levante (starts in Valencia) with two Frenchmen who had one. Decathlon in Toledo was the only place they found along the way, and it involved a long bus ride out to the outskirts. I have just heard that Decathlon is going to start building in-city stores, but the practice up to now has been to put them in industrial-commercial parks outside of the city center. I wouldn´t be surprised if Decathlon in Irún is your only option, but maybe Biarritzdon will have a good suggestion for you. Buen camino, Laurie

Most read last week in this forum