• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

getting from Malaga to Almeria

laineylainey

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
started in 2012, hooked ever since.
My flight in December gets into Malaga too late for the last Alsa bus to Almeria. Has anyone ever done this route by others means of transport? Also has anyone any experience of car share with Blabla .es?
Thanks for any advice!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
My flight in December gets into Malaga too late for the last Alsa bus to Almeria. Has anyone ever done this route by others means of transport? Also has anyone any experience of car share with Blabla .es?
Thanks for any advice!

Renfe operates trains between Malaga and Almeria via Antequera Santa Ana.

If you're getting in too late to take the bus ... there likely won't be a train that late either. My advice would be to find a place to stay and travel in the AM.

Did you know Almeria has an airport?

Hello and thank you so much for that information. I hadn't thought about looking for an indirect train route so I will definitely look at that possibility. Yes I know there is an airport at Almeria, it's just that flying from Belfast or Dublin in December does not give me that option! I am also doing a very short trip trying to get to Granada in 7 days so that's why I would love to get from Malaga to Almeria on the same day if possible! Thank you again.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

It should be possible to fly from Dublin to Madrid and Madrid to Almeria. You're just putting obstacles in your own road going by way of Malaga. I'm sure you can get a really cheap ticket to Malaga ... but its false economy if your destination is Almeria.

Thanks again. I am happy enough just to fly to Malaga and get To Almeria from there - no obstacles at all, just probably staying in 2 beautiful Spanish cities! I have it sorted now.

Most read last week in this forum