• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Getting me and my bike from Zamora?

Charles Dolan

Time of past OR future Camino
VLDP (2017)
I am an ever optimistic senior who is cycling from Seville north on the via de la plata. All good so far but my knees are showing their age so need a plan b as have a flight home to Ireland on April 6th.
What trains take bicycles and passengers from Pueblo de Sanabria or at worst Zamora ???
Reffee dont accept them so what train companies do??
Many thanks and buen camino
Cd

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Sorry Charles, there is only RENFE. Who will take your bike on certain trains under certain circumstances depending on the type of train it is. Likewise most of the long-distance bus services will convey bikes but again subject to conditions. In most cases the bike has to be, at least partially, dismantled and contained in some sort of package. Your best bet is local enquiry.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I've often seen people with bikes on trains in Spain. And there's a direct train from Puebla de Sanabria and Zamora to Santiago. If you're travelling mid-week the train will probably be half-empty, so it won't really be a problem.

Just found myself in this situation. Bicycles on the Zamora to Santiago line are only allowed disassembled and packed/wrapped up with max 120x90x50cm.
Travel bag required

Last edited:
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

Most read last week in this forum