• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Getting nervous and excited...

julianne kalam

Time of past OR future Camino
October and November 2016
Hey all
I am heading to France and onward to walk the camino in 10 days and I am feeling a lot of nervousness. I was so excited to do this and now I feel a bit overwhelmed. I am travelling by myself for the first time, I have MS so I really want to accomplish this while I can but on top of thia i just recently developed some kind of tinnutis which I am wondering if may be due to stress. Is this anxiety normal? Any words of wisdom or advice is welcomed and soooo appreciated.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Good luck and Buen Camino Julianne
it's normal to be stressed and excited. As you know, however, you should not ignore new symptoms. You may want to check with your physician about the tinnitus, and if you haven't already, discuss the amount of walking you will be doing each day and the expected temperatures during your walk. Everyone should stay well hydrated and avoid overheating while walking, but you know how much more important that is for you. A little prevention will go a long way, and be sure to listen to your body as you go along.
once again, Buen Camino!

What @Smallest_Sparrow said plus Yes, it is normal to be excited, nervous, happy, panicky - all rolled up in one tightly coiled pilgrim package ;-) You will 'uncoil' with every step you take and soon feel completely at home on the Camino. Buen Camino, SY

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
You will be absolutely safe and happy! The Camino is a living miracle - so beautiful and full of strangers taking care of each other! In fact: sometimes it is more difficult to return to the "real" world, than to walk your Camino Buen Camino! Open your heart and enjoy

Currently on day .... Oh who can keep track of the days ... Who wants to???

Yes your feelings are normal .... That's why it is adventure .... You can be " real " here if you have difficulties say so !

I am travelling alone and staying in private accomodation .... It will be fine ... A lot of walkers are starting in the dark at 7 and I love it so I just wait for others to come along so I feel safe ...

ULTREIA
Anne

Wishing the very best for you. You will do well. Buen Camino!!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.

Most read last week in this forum