• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Getting Started

Jaymie Lancaster

Time of past OR future Camino
June/ July 2015
Hello All
I will be leaving in a month to start my Camino Portuguese walk. I am walking from Lisbon to Santiago. I would appreciate any help I can get on directions, Apps, Books, Maps I should purchase for the Coastal Route. I hear that walking through Lisbon along with following the coastal route is difficult to stay on track. I will be walking solo so I am trying to prepare as best as I can so that I do not get lost along the way.
Thank you in advance for any help you can provide

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
This sub-forum of the Portuguese is full with most helpful pointers, tips, experience sharing, route recommendations ....
have a read - as there is plenty to be gleaned from generous pilgrims -
Bom Caminho -

Welcome Jaymie!

Are you planning to walk along the coast from Lisbon or from Porto?

There is a sub-forum for both of these routes - "Camino Portugues - Coastal Camino from Lisbon" and "
Camino Portugues - Coastal Route from Porto
".

I walked the camino from Lisbon myself (but took the 'normal' inland route) to Porto and walked along the coast from there - I can recommend Brierley's book about the Camino Portuguese.

Also, for maps and accomodation you can have a look here - https://www.caminodesantiago.me/com...df-route-portugues-route-monacal-coastal.404/ It contains maps (and links to more maps) as well as many places to sleep along the route I walked.

Hope it helps
bom caminho
Christian

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hi Jayme, I walked from Lisbon to SDC in April -May this year. I relied on the Wise Pilgrim App. Which has recently been updated. I also have some posts on this website and my own blog, www.russandjan.com which may help. Brierley's book, is an additional resource, it is also available online in soft copy.

Have a great time.
Russ.

Most read last week in this forum