• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

GR653 path closed at Cette-Eygun (diversion via N134 road)

Time of past OR future Camino
GR653 Escot-Jaca
Hello,
Following a landslide that took away part of the trail at the exit of Cette-Eygun (between Accous and Borce), the GR is closed for an indefinite period (the shortest possible [I hope]).

A diversion has been set up by the N134 road (be careful, the road is narrow).
Or you can take bus 550, see schedules on the link below:
Horaire Bus 550 Bedous-Canfranc

Capture d’écran 2024-03-20 175106.png
Buen camino

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Hello,
Following a landslide that took away part of the trail at the exit of Cette-Eygun (between Accous and Borce), the GR is closed for an indefinite period (the shortest possible [I hope]).

A diversion has been set up by the N134 road (be careful, the road is narrow).
Or you can take bus 550, see schedules on the link below:
Horaire Bus 550 Bedous-Canfranc

View attachment 166379
Buen camino
Thanks for posting this warning. Could you confirm that the information is current? I posted about this closing last spring, and there has been a lot of subsequent discussion about whether the construction is ongoing. Here's the previous thread:
https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/alert-route-blocked-between-borce-and-urdos.80783/

And thanks for including the link to the bus schedule. It will be very useful. Trying to walk through the construction would be really foolhardy. You are literally hemmed in by concrete barriers, and there is not even space for a car to pass you.

Hello Andycohn,
Please note that this event has nothing to do with the construction site between Borce and Urdos, the latter is paused this winter and while a Bearded Vulture nests, possible resumption around early May.

So for now, it’s the N134 road (with traffic) from Accous to Urdos, or the bus.

I will try to give you information as soon as I have it on both events.

Be careful if you are staying at the Borce hostel and taking the bus, remember to get off at the Etsaut stop to take the path that will lead you to Borce.

To finish the Arles route in the Vallée Aspe (Escot - Col du Somport), there remains a mountain path with all the difficulties that come with it (passage on the narrow N134 road, narrow path with passages where you need to be careful, ...).

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Hello Andycohn,
Please note that this event has nothing to do with the construction site between Borce and Urdos, the latter is paused this winter and while a Bearded Vulture nests, possible resumption around early May.

Be careful if you are staying at the Borce hostel and taking the bus, remember to get off at the Etsaut stop to take the path that will lead you to Borce.

To finish the Arles route in the Vallée Aspe (Escot - Col du Somport), there remains a mountain path with all the difficulties that come with it (passage on the narrow N134 road, narrow path with passages where you need to be careful, ...).
Be careful if you walk on the road certainly when it rains: it's very narrow and heavy traffic, it can be dangerous.

Hello Andycohn,

Thanks. That will be very helpful information for anyone walking this spring. Given that Borce is actually a bit out of the way, I think it makes most sense to stay on the bus to Urdos, where there's a good municipal hostel and also an inexpensive hotel. Also makes the steep ascent to the pass the next day a bit more manageable, especially if you're then headed down to Canfranc.

I'm also taking the liberty of quoting you on a parallel thread about the route in this section.

Last edited:
Hello Andycohn,

Hello Eric again,

I just realized you're the manager of the gite communale at Urdos, and were so helpful to me (and many others) last spring. I really appreciated the advanced warning about the road construction, and you also provided such a warm welcome to all of us who stayed at the gite.

So --- merci beaucoup!

And by means of this post, I'm hoping to also alert other pilgrims about how helpful you are and how lovely the gite is at Urdos.

Last edited:
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

Most read last week in this forum

I've just finished walking Toulouse to Jaca on my pilgrimage from Rome to Santiago which I'm in doing gradually 3 weeks at a time. I spent a lot of time reading the posts about this section and...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back