• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Granon Church

AlanB

Does anyone know the history behind the stained glass window in Granon? Who does it depict? I've tried a bit of research but no joy.Photos courtesy of Rob Walker

Attachments

• img_22311.png
    268.8 KB · Views: 584
  • img_22291.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 572
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Can't help much on the Rose Window but I have a lot of information and history on Grañón, interesting and includes a bit for us, the Jewish pilgrims to Sanit James.
S

Hi. I just saw this post while I was thinking back on my camino.
It might be late, but I would like to reply as that stained glass has been on my mind for a long time. It touched me deeply and I found it meaningful.
I stayed there overnight and after dinner we went for a meditation upstairs, where the pelgrim was depicted onthe stained glass.
The hospitalero told us the meaning:
The pilgrim, which represents each one of us, is walking towards Santiago, the goal. This is indicated by the expanding symbol on the right.
He has his own motivations, will and strength for doing so, which push him behind the back, depicted by the symbol on the left. For each one it is different.
During the journey he meets and interacts with people, forming a bond, but he still has to keep walking and get on. Depicted by the shake of hands on top of the pilgrim.
That was the general explanation.
Thanks to have brought up such a meaningful image.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.

Most read last week in this forum