• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Here we go again.... :)

karenfromcali

Time of past OR future Camino
Hi everyone.
I walked the camino Frances in beginning March/April this year and had the time of my life! Even got to do the Napoleon route which I had so wanted to do and it was amazing! Next year I would like to walk another route starting the beginning of March. I walked in freezing snow, rain, wind, hail and sun this year and so weather doesn't bother me. Having walked the Frances I noted that I loved the beautiful scenery and quiet empty landscapes and smaller towns and villages but found entering the cities after this a bit disconcerting. So perhaps a quieter camino. Thinking maybe the Le Puy and then the Coastal route? What caminos have you walked and which would you recommend? I have 3 months or so to walk.
Look forward to your suggestions.
Thanks.
Karen

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Karen:

I guess it depends on what you are looking for? The Norte is a wonderful ocean route (30+ days).

You could do a combo Madrid (10)Lightly/San Salvador (5)Sparsely/Primitivo (14)Lightly.

There is also Vasco (9)Sparsely/Frances (Santa Domingo de Calzada to Ponferrada)/Invierno (from Ponferrada) Sparsely combination.

I am planning on the Portuguese next Spring.

Not Familiar with any of the French routes but you could probably walk from Paris in 3 months.

Ultreya,
Joe

Thanks for replying Joe. I will look into them and see if I can come up with a plan! So excited to be planning again.
Karen

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

Most read last week in this forum