• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

How flat is the northen route

I am looking at the northern route; I prefer a varied terrain- is the northern route very flat, are there other options I could look at. I have done long distances before -half the Appalachian Trail and the GR5 amongst others. I try to avoid repetitive footfall on the flat.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Not flat, which is why some prefer to the Frances to it.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
I found the Northern route to be very varied. It runs through some spectacular scenery, including along beaches, cliff tops, through valleys, ridge tops, over mountain ranges and around estuaries. One game we would play when encountering a panoramic vista is to guess where the camino would go through and exit, we never knew the right answer. There are some days where you meet very little habitation, others where you walk through major cities. I found no two days were ever the same, and that was part of the pleasure of this camino was that you did not know what to expect from the next day. This is a fantastic walk, you will not be bored or find it repetitive. If you enjoy it half as much as I did you will have a ball.

Englishstu:

The Northern route is not the Appalachian trail but is is hardly flat.

Ultreya,
Joe

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Thank you for the responses, I have the wrong impression as the pictures I have seen seem to be along flat farm tracks.

Most read last week in this forum