• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

How to get from Santiago airport to Ponferrada

IrishMist

Time of past OR future Camino
Hi. A friend and I are picking up the Camino where we left off last year in Ponferrada, flying into Santiago this time. We would appreciate any help with the most time efficient way to get from the airport to Ponferrada. Thank you.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Hi. A friend and I are picking up the Camino where we left off last year in Ponferrada, flying into Santiago this time. We would appreciate any help with the most time efficient way to get from the airport to Ponferrada. Thank you.
It's quite simple actually:
https://www.rome2rio.com/map/Santiago-de-Compostela-Airport-SCQ/Ponferrada

When you take the bus you don't even have to go to Santiago but have to change bus in Lugo. If you choose this option I would suggest you take one day/night in Lugo because it's a beautiful town and deserves a visit.

But if you take the train then you must take the bus from the airport to Santiago train station. This way you will see quite a lot of the Camino Sanabres and Invierno during the train ride. Very scenic.

Buen Camino!

I am catching bus direct from Ponferrada to Santiago on 3rd November, ALSA tickets already booked on Line. Check the ALSA website its better direct than going to Lugo.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Bus takes you into Santiago from airport terminal, then catch ALSA bus to Ponferrrada.

Sample weekday times below

Santiago de Compostela
13:45
Llegada

Ponferrada
17:30
Precio total para todos los viajeros
18,58 € Salida 13:45 Santiago de Compostela Llegada 17:30 Ponferrada.

Tiempo de viaje03:45 h

Salida

Santiago de Compostela
15:00
Llegada

Ponferrada
18:50
18,58 € Salida 15:00 Santiago de Compostela Llegada 18:50 Ponferrada.

Salida

Santiago de Compostela
21:30
Llegada

Ponferrada
01:15
18,58 € Salida 21:30 Santiago de Compostela Llegada 01:15 Ponferrada.

Tiempo de viaje03:45 h

Last edited:
Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!

Most read last week in this forum