• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

How to safely get my laptop to Santiago de Compostela

Sophie Zermatten

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances in September 2016
Hello everybody!!

I am new to this forum and it has been very helpful so far. I am planning to leave for the camino beginning of September. Because I will be on a long term journey, I am planning to send most of my stuff to Santiago de Compostela when I'm in SJPDP. However, I have a laptop (that I don't have a choice to have when I arrive because I need it for my studies) and I am a bit concerned about that. I don't want to walk with it but I don't really fancy sending it by mail either and risk losing it and all my precious information.

I've heard that there are services that you can send things with that are not the official postal service. Do you think sending my laptop with one of them is a safe option? What would you recommend?

I'm going a bit crazy over this issue, any help will be deeply appreciated.

Gracias!

Sophie

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Click Luggage Storage in Santiago de Compostela toward the top of the page. You will get Ivar's storage information.

I am planning to send most of my stuff to Santiago de Compostela when I'm in SJPDP.
Please be aware that posting stuff from France to Spain puts you potentially at risk of some fun & games with Spanish customs. In theory so would using one of the courier services. Most definitely worth talking to potential service providers. Or starting in Pamplona. And make sure all your data is backed-up to a secure source.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I read this as saying that you do not want the laptop at all on the camino but it could be read as if you do want it with you but you just don't want to carry it each day. Please clarify.

Most read last week in this forum