• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Independence

Myrna Kaye

Time of past OR future Camino
I would like to do the Camino in the spring of 2015
Last year my husband and I walked El Camino Portuguese - he was 80 and I was 75. I thought I was in shape but developed sciatica at the beginning and then 3 days out of Santiago, was hit with plantar fasciatis, but completed the awesome journey.

My husband thinks I should become more independent and is encouraging me to do El Camino Frances. I have started training and found that Yak Trax don’t work well on ice so will try micro spikes this weekend.

I am wondering if some sort of soft insole would work along with my normal orthotics. What could I do ahead in preparation so I don’t develop these problems.

Thanks
M

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Im interested in peoples experience of innersoles with orthotics too.

On the Camino Francis you are rarely alone.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.

Most read last week in this forum