• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Irun to SJPP?

Sarahlynn

Missed train! Next train towards SJPP was to Irun... How to get to SJPP from Irun ? Taking Frances route... Gracias!!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
You don't say where you are, but all trains to Irun from France go through Bayonne, so get the next train to Bayonne, then switch platforms to the train to SJPdP.

Renfe train from anywhere Spain to Irun. SNCF TGV from Irun toward Bordeaux and Paris stops in Hendaye and Bayonne.

SNCF TER (regional) trains leave from Hendaye enroute to Dax and Bordeaux stops in Bayonne.

SNCF trains (TGV and TER) stop at Bayonne. There is another TER train from Bayonne to SJPdP, usually 4 x daily.

Euskotren provides commuter rail service from Irun to Hendaye (3km). Euskotren station is co-located with Irun Renfe Station.

Irun and Hendaye are break of gauge stations at the border. Track gauge and electric systems for Spain's and France's trains are different.

Last edited by a moderator:
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
You don't say where you are, but all trains to Irun from France go through Bayonne, so get the next train to Bayonne, then switch platforms to the train to SJPdP.
Thank you! I came from Madrid. I bought my ticket via Rail Europe with the Rail Protection, so I didn't have to pay extra to get a new ticket on a later train to Irun ...

Thank you! In Irun it was a short walk to the Euskotrain (out of the Irun Renfe station bear right until the bridge, cross and find the metro on the left). I arrived in Hendaye after the ticket office closed so we'll see if I can get a new ticket for tomorrow exchange (since I got the Rail Protection).

I was going to go that route but then I found out about Corazon Puro and a more direct route and cheaper...especially since I too will be arriving during the weekend.

Kris

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Corazon Puro is a pension that picks you up in Pamplona, puts you up for the night (with food), then takes you to SJPdP in the morning. Since it is set up for those in Pamplona, it may not help you if you are in Biarritz.

http://www.corazonpuro.es/Enghome.html

Most read last week in this forum