• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Islares albergue closed

omicko

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances,
May 1999 and others.
A few days ago I was in Islares I wanted to sleep in the Alburgue.Villagers told me that it is closed. I went on 4 Kms to the Albergue in Pontarron.Cheers Mick.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Hi Mick,

Did they say if it was closed for the season or closed for good?

Thank you,

Kathy

It's printed as "cerrado temporalmente" on the Cantabrian tourist info brochures for 2017. We couldn't walk any further so caught the L2 bus to Orinon (http://www.castrobus.com) which was great as I was able to spend the afternoon bobbing in the ocean which is my favourite thing to do on the Norte, or anywhere else for that matter Orinon is a family-oriented holiday spot, think caravans, kms of beach, and restaurant/beer gardens. Albergue Lia was fine, if a bit basic - no linen, but clean-ish, quiet (we were the only ones there!), and hot showers, so what more do you need? The owner (Lia's grand-daughter) is well-travelled and a really good cook; definitely one of the best meals on our camino!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
A few days ago I was in Islares I wanted to sleep in the Alburgue.Villagers told me that it is closed. I went on 4 Kms to the Albergue in Pontarron.Cheers Mick.
It has been closed for some time & is not expected to open anytime soon due to new standards being applied, but you can stay at the camping ground.

Hi Mick,

Did they say if it was closed for the season or closed for good?

Thank you,

Kathy
Hi Cathy they didn't say but the Albergue sign was turned around pointing the other way upside down. The other posters have better information. Cheers, Mick.

Most read last week in this forum