• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Joining Frances from Pedrafita do Cebreiro

Susan Mark

Time of past OR future Camino
Future
I’m resuming my Camino this weekend by train and bus to Pedrafita do Cebreiro. From my research I have a couple options, wait for afternoon bus to Fonfria, taxi to Fonfria or O Cebreiro and walk to Fonfria (my destination that day) or walk from Pedrafita to O Cebreiro. And then to Fonfria.
Any experience with walking from Pedrafita? Is it dangerous along the road? Is it marked to join the Camino anywhere? Suggestions?

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
March 19, 2006 I walked from Pedrafita in an ice storm following the road LU 633 uphill for 4 kms to O Cebreiro. At that time no traffic was on the road.

Since all was slick with sleet and snow at Ruitelan I had decided to follow an old logging road to Pedrafita.and not the CF.. Higher and higher I climbed in the cold air; wet snow and heavy sleet blew across the route. I could hardly see. It was a great relief to finally arrive at O Cebreiro and collapse in the open warm cafe.

Last edited:
Yikes, that sounds scary!

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!

Most read last week in this forum