• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

June Weather on Portugues

koilife

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
CF '13; CF/Salvador/Ingles '16; Portugues '22
Walking Central Route from Lisbon, starting end of May. Planning my element protection.

My first time on the Frances, almost entire time was 20-30F lower than average and my cold weather system was stressed. Second time, almost always 20-30 F higher than average, and my sun protection system was stressed. By "stressed" I mean to the point of discomfort but not safety.

Already checked historical weather info (weatherspark.com) along the route. Avg highs mid 70s - low 80s (24-29 C). Avg lows in the 50s (10-15 C) Avg 2" rainfall (5 cm). How stable or variable does the weather along that route tend to be?

Does the rain tend to be lots of light showers, a few torrential ones, or steady?

How much/little wind tends to be common?

How intense does the sun tend to be?

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
My daughter did Portugues in June 2017. It was extremely hot, temperatures in the high 30’s C. She was walking near an area of extreme bushfires, on the track by 5:00am and finishing around 1:00pm. She found it difficult. But who knows, might be different this year! I think you need to be prepared and flexible.

I think you need to be prepared and flexible.
Absolutely agreed. I have three equipment sets that I can use and that can handle all extremes. However, each one handles those different extremes better or worse. If I can match the system to the most likely weather, bonus. If not, I'll flex.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!

Most read last week in this forum