• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

la coruna to porto via santiago

john

I'm thinking of cycling from Porto to SdeC in May, arriving at La Coruna to take advantage of an Iberia promotion.

Has anyone experience of cycling from La Coruna airport to the city centre? How easy/difficult is it? I know it's only 8km.

Ivar posted a bus schedule (Asturia/Galicia)with departures La Coruna to SdeC 1215, 1315,1800etc. Is this an ALSA service as I can't find it on their website. Presume it's from the city centre bus station c/Cabelleros?

Would it be better to cycle to the train station and catch the frequent regional trains to SdeC?

Has anyone taken the ALSA service from La Coruna departing at 10.30 to Porto (via SdeC) arriving 1345. Am I missing something or is there only one bus a day to Porto?

I've looked at the Renfe site and I can get a regional train SdeC to Redondela but can't work out if I can get a regional train from their to Porto. Anyone know the answer?(It has to be a regional service to take bikes, I understand).

I'd be grateful for any replies

Best wishes
John

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
john said:
I'm thinking of cycling from Porto to SdeC in May, arriving at La Coruna to take advantage of an Iberia promotion.

would have thought you'd be better off flying to Porto. A big advantage of budget airlines is they are based on one-way fares

john said:
Has anyone experience of cycling from La Coruna airport to the city centre? How easy/difficult is it? I know it's only 8km.

never tried cycling it, but it's dead easy; downhill Corunna airport is on a branch of the Camino Ingles - why not use that to Santiago?

john said:
Ivar posted a bus schedule (Asturia/Galicia)with departures La Coruna to SdeC 1215, 1315,1800etc. Is this an ALSA service as I can't find it on their website.

yes, it's an alsa service; no, I don't know why it isn't listed - try looking for services to/from Lugo or Betanzos;

john said:
Presume it's from the city centre bus station c/Cabelleros?

yes, quite close to tren station

john said:
Am I missing something or is there only one bus a day to Porto?

why should there be more?

john said:
I've looked at the Renfe site and I can get a regional train SdeC to Redondela but can't work out if I can get a regional train from their to Porto. Anyone know the answer?(It has to be a regional service to take bikes, I understand).

see other threads on this subject

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

Most read last week in this forum