• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Leon to Oviedo Detour

koilife

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
CF '13; CF/Salvador/Ingles '16; Portugues '22
In a different thread in the Camino Frances forum, sillydol suggested a side trip from Leon up to Oviedo to see a number of relics (the cloth used to bind Christ's face and mouth during His entombment, five of the thorns of the crown of thorns, etc.). As I looked at the map, I realized this effectively jumps me off of the Camino Frances and onto the Camino del Norte.

Has anyone detoured at Leon, hiked up to Oviedo, and continued on from there into Santiago along the Camino del Norte?

If so, what is Leon to Oviedo like? It appears to be a three-day trek, and I'm wondering about facilities along the way for lodging, eating, etc. Also, are there any recommended routes, and how mountainous is the terrain?

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
it´s not a "detour," it´s an actual camino! the Camino San Salvador, with its own fabulous scenery, legends, and places to stay. (it takes five days or so). There´s a whole section of this site dedicated to it. Have a look around there!

Rebekah Scott said:
it´s not a "detour," it´s an actual camino! the Camino San Salvador, with its own fabulous scenery, legends, and places to stay. (it takes five days or so). There´s a whole section of this site dedicated to it. Have a look around there!
Wow! How cool is that?! Thanks much.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Most read last week in this forum