• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Lightening The Burdens

Time of past OR future Camino
Hi Everyone,

I'm heading out on the CdS to do that last 140 miles from Ponferrada to SdC October 10. I'm noticing my backpack keeps getting trimmed down, although it's still heavy. I've found the most heavy burden on my pack is my old wedding ring, which I'm leaving on the Camino...

I have 9 days to go from Ponferrada to SdC. Has anyone else done this in October? Is this realistic?

Thanks in advance and Buen Camino!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
A friend joined me in Ponferrada in April, and we did it in nine days, so it is possible. Your weather will be similar, probably a bit warmer. We had a few days of rain.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.

Most read last week in this forum